Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Some updates, and my commitment!

So as week 1 came to an official close, I wanted to provide some updates.
  1. We have new teams that joined us!  All together, we have 30 participants this year!  Woo hoo!
  2. Two teams joined us just this weekend, and so just officially started this Monday with us.  Welcome!
  3. I still need to tally up week one, but will post the standings as soon as I do that.
  4. If you haven't set a good goal or penalty, now is the time!  Give this challenge a PURPOSE!  So to show my commitment and make the statement before I can back out....here is mine.  I WILL fit into my goal jeans (which I have a witness that has seen I can not even get the button to touch the other side....despite the fact that I rocked those puppies a year ago from now) at the end of this challenge.  My penalty will be to post my before picture (taken this week) and my after picture on Facebook with a caption that I was unable to commit and reach my goal.  I am scared to death just putting that into print!!  I cannot tell you how horrifying that will be, and so there is no way in hell I am NOT reaching my goal! :)  I encourage you all to find something equally as painful.
  5. Post your goal/penalty in the comment section here please as confirmation of your overall Challenge PIG (you do not have to  include actual weights/sizes...generics are great). 
Speaking of the PIG, you may notice there are "bonus points" this week for developing your PIG!  SInce most people have already set an overall challenge PIG, what I'd like you to do for this week is pick a shorter-term PIG that you can accomplish in one to two weeks tops. Maybe you want to increase your bench press weight, or shave a few seconds off your mile time.  It can be anything measurable.  It can be a very small amount of improvement, but just set something that you really want to focus in on over the next two weeks.  If you're struggling to come up with ideas, use the Presdiential Challenge from last week to focus on one of those areas for improvement.

My other commitment (besides possible public humiliation if my goal is not reached) is to YOU as challengers.  I will be posting regular updates to the blog.  While I know that Sunday's post was a little weak (although hopefully inspired you to have a healthier shopping cart!), I will do my best to post regular tips and updates. :)

Have FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment